Our gate is busted!
The hinges and fasteners aren't quite right on the wooden side.
Might also be mis-aligned.
Also the brace is backwards.
The stucco wall on the left seems to have cinderblock underneath
and the fasteners in there are mostly tight.
The latch is also no good, too easy to get stuck,
and we'd like to be able to open it from the outside.
- probably need to redo the hinges just to feel complete about it
- I'd like to be able to open it from the outside
- should it self-close?
- adjustable hook and band seems really nice video
- we'd like to stain it dark to match the front door
Some designs I like:
- some tips: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ItmsHbG7mqw
- nice latch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPIX3GcBpYA
- detail on a gate with a steel/concrete core
- on Julian Hodges, master gate builder: https://www.finehomebuilding.com/2007/07/01/in-the-golden-gates-shadow